Wednesday 29 October 2014

Finished my PH study!


Hello!
so yesterday (28/10/2014) i started my PH study test. For those of you that don't know what it is, It's basically a tube that goes through my nose, down my throat and into my gullet, just above my stomach. It's to measure my acid levels for reflux, as i have it quite bad the doctors said at my last clinic that they want to change some of my medication around to try and keep it under control.

I wasn't looking forward to this test at all, as I'm not good with things  in the back of my throat, I've had NG (feeding tubes) in the past and they didn't end well! But i knew that i had to have it done..

As soon as i went in the room and the nurse was getting the tube ready i just started getting distressed, nervous and all panicky. She explained it all to me and then i just lost it, the tears were flowing and i just wasn't co-operating! 

After a while i decided to just get it done, as i thought the sooner i get it in the sooner it comes out, so the nurse attempted to put the tube in, it got so far and then it came straight back up... in puke.

So then i was really agitated and i started to have a coughing fit, after another 10 minutes or so we had another attempt, and it FINALLY went in. I was in a bit of pain in my throat and it was quite uncomfortable but i had to put up with it. I barely ate anything whilst the study was on, and i couldn't even take my tablets as they got stuck in my throat!

I'm just thankful it's over, and hopefully i won't need another one. EVER!

Thanks for reading guys!
Speak to you all soon, bye xo




No comments:

Post a Comment