Monday 1 June 2015

Busy week, and recovering!

Hi guys!

It's been over 3 weeks since I had my new Portacath fitted now, and it's doing great! The first week and a bit were hard, I couldn't move my arm so I couldn't dress my self, I couldn't lie down flat but I couldn't sit up straight, and my left arm had to be on a pillow so it wasn't 'squashing' my gripper needle. It was very annoying as I couldn't do any normal things, because I was in a lot of pain.

Anyway few weeks gone and it's feeling SO much better, my surgeon said I probably shouldn't start training properly for around 6 weeks, but I've pushed myself and made sure I'm back in 2-3 weeks! It feels great to be training again, and I'm even putting in the work and going for runs, and doing extra conditioning to build up my fitness levels again. I hate sitting still, so I knew I had to get back into things asap, however I do have to wear quite a bit of padding and tape under my arm whilst training and most probably competing for a little while just to make sure things are okay with it and cheerleading is a very strenuous and contact sport.

This week I have another E.N.T appointment and my yearly Ultrasound on my Liver and my spleen etc. 
My E.N.T is for my sinuses as I'm still getting a lot of headaches and some nose bleeds again, even though I've had 3 operations to try and fix it, but it obviously hasn't done the trick yet. However my last operation I had my surgeon had found a lot of polyps all in my sinuses but they didn't have time and the my parents consent for that operation so they couldn't do it as it would have been more invasive. I'm hoping that that is still the case, and nothing to major so they can just try and get the polyps removed if need be!

I will update on how my appointments  have gone later in the week. 

Thankyou all for reading, 
Speak soon!
Emily xo

1 comment:

  1. Keep fighting live every day to the fullest your doing amazing! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete