Tuesday 5 May 2015

IVs, New port!

Hey guys! This will be a short update.

May is Cystic Fibrosis awareness month, so I've been trying to upload photos etc in social media to help raise a bit more awareness, CF definitely needs to be more well known, not only in the UK but world wide! Many people think it's 'Rare' well it's not, around 9,000 people in the UK alone have Cystic fibrosis, that's 1 in every 2,500 babies born!

Anyway, I'm doing okay at the moment, I started my IVs on May 1st for two weeks. I'm just a little tired but I'll be fine in a few days! My consultant ordered a ECG (echocardiogram) for me to make sure my heart is okay for some new tablets for my reflux, so I had that done today, and everything is great!

Tomorrow (6th May) I will be going into Manchester Children's Hospital to have a new port fitted. This will be done under general anaesthetic. I actually can't wait to have my new port, no more sore IVs, and the IVs themselves will be much easier to push through and we won't have to force them! Yay!

That's all for now, but I will update how my op went in a few days, Thankyou for supporting me!
Speak soon, Emily xo

No comments:

Post a Comment