Thursday 20 December 2012

About me!

Well, my name is Emily Bonney, i am 14 years old, and suffer from Cystic Fibrosis!
CF is a chronic lung disease, and affects my lungs, pancreas and liver!
It doesn't always affect everything but in my case it does!
I have to go into Hospital every three months for two weeks, to have intravenous antibiotics (IVS)
i have this through a portacath which is located under my left armpit.
I then have to have a gripper needle inserted into it for two weeks, so the intravenous antibiotics (IVS) can get pumped through.
~
I got diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis at the age of 8!
It was a very late diagnosis, as you usually get diagnosed as a baby, but nothing was wrong when i was little, i was a normal happy, and chubby baby!
But as i got older, i got skinnier, and had alot of chest infections, but it just got put down to asthma!
At the age of 8, i weighed 2 stone 9!
But now, i am keeping quite healthy, my lung function is usually in the 90's so i hope it will stay that way!
~
I go into hospital tomorrow, Friday 21st december, to start my IVS, but as i have to have them for 2 weeks, i will have to have them over christmas and new year! :(~
Well thats a little bit about me for now, and i will keep posting as regularly as i can!
 

1 comment:

  1. go on fighting em! youre a perfect row model, and you can reallu teach us how to live our lifes!

    ReplyDelete